Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Favorite Group Quilt

This quilt was made in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. My niece and two nephews were living with us during that time and we had a lot of fun putting it together. I set up my extra machine and while the 2 oldest sewed, the youngest chose scraps and fabrics from the stash and attempted to iron. I supervised, pinned, cut, and ran the iron. I also did the quilting. They were thrilled and so happy to have a part in helping others. I think we got it done from start to finish in 2 or 3 days.

2 comments:

  1. That is an experience the kids will never forget and maybe inspire one or more to become stitchers. Good job kids & auntie!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!